[C320-list] Foresail

Denny Browne denny.browne at me.com
Sat Jan 13 06:57:40 PST 2018

Many would suggest the best source of guidance is a local sailmaker, who understands your local sailing conditions. With the new furling headsails, you can often choose a foam or rope insert just aft of the luff to make the entry of the partially fueled sail smother. Keeps it from looking so much like wadded up laundry and more like an airfoil. Don’t think I’ve heard of a batten for this purpose, and a vertical batten seems like folding the sail for storage or transport might be more difficult. That said, rolling the sail is less damaging than folding, so it might be a great idea. You may also want to consider Precision Sails. I got a pretty reasonable quote from them, but the admiral here has yet to acquiesce on this point. She thinks I’ll quit asking...

Denny Browne
A Cappella #935
Redondo Beach, CA
Sent from my iPhone