[C320-list] Dealing with small hull cracks

Rick Sulewski rsulewski at bex.net
Wed Jul 18 12:54:14 PDT 2018

Where are the cracks located and from is the root cause?

There was a time when some early hulls experienced some very minor stress cracks due to sitting on a cradle on the rear cradle pad on the port side where there is less internal support structure (portside bulkhead) on those early hulls. The solution for such an issue was to add a third rear pad between the two rear cradle pads to relieve the pressure on the hull from the portside rear cradle pad.

Could your hull damage be the result of the hull being dropped on the cradle, collision damage or from a poorly placed or slipped jack stand?  Check for evidence of any weeping or staining inside the hull liner opposite the cracks. Just my 2 cents...
Rick
My-Ria 95' 320 #277