[C320-list] Perkins M30 Raw Water Pump

Mark Seyler mseyler at cox.net
Sat Jul 21 15:25:34 PDT 2018

When I replaced the raw water pump on the Perkins in my #232, I was able to remove the drive gear from the old pump with a loaner gear puller from AutoZone. I was able to drift the gear onto the new shaft using a large socket. I eyeballed the position of the gear. I later read in the Perkins manual that the position is supposed to be critical, but I haven’t had any problems in 6 years since then.

Mark Seyler
S/V Reality, #232

Sent from my iPhone