[C320-list] Replacing Raymarine ST 50+ displays

Scott Lagerquist lgrqst at aol.com
Tue Jun 5 19:54:59 PDT 2018

Joe,

You don’t have to cut the old connectors.  They plug right into the new displays. I just replaced my Displays and the old depth and speed transducer connectors plugged into the new display and the depth works.  I bought the i50 tridata display that shows depth and speed.  The speed isn’t working however, I need to go under the boat and ensure the speed paddle is moving freely before ruling it out.  If it doesn’t work with the new display I’ll have to purchase a Raymarine ITC-5 which transfers data from older transducers to the newer displays.  One thing I did learn is that the Seatalk cables on the new displays are not the same as the old.  I ended up replacing all of the displays to ensure they are compatible with Seatalk after installing a Raymarine EV-100 Autopilot.  There is a cable you can buy that goes from the new five pin connector with the old three pin connector if you keep any of the old displays.  The owners manual on the i60 wind display states that it is compatible with the old rectiva from the i50 however, I haven’t installed it yet.  I ordered it after running into the Seatalk cable issue.

Hope this reply helps you in some way.

Cheers!
Scott Lagerquist
Sea Esta, #39