[C320-list] Main sheet length

John Meyers jcmeyers7 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 14:57:57 PST 2018

Specs on the Catalina Reference Materials on a page called "rigging length"
say 3/8" by 115 feet of low streach.  That very helpful document can be
downloaded from the 320 website/ reference materials section /
CompleteCatalinaFactoryDiagrams

Every year or two I shorten the halyard at the shackle end by 8-10 inches
to reduce the wearing by the line stopper clamp thingy.

Also, every off season I replace the halyard with a cheap but durable
thinner line by sewing the ends together and tape the joint and pulling the
halyard down with never a problem pulling it thru the sheaves etc. I
replace my main halyard several years ago and it still looks like new.

John Meyers
#406 1997
Muskegon, MI