[C320-list] C320 water system

Art Harden artstree at aol.com
Sun May 13 09:35:47 PDT 2018

I am looking for info on the water system. On de winterizing Tortuga I found a pin hole water leak in the supply line to the water heater. When I say pin it should be hair as the only way I found it was by feel and some water droplets. Tortuga is a 95 and has pex pipe throughout the system. I used to think that was an upgrade from hose but found that on a friends 2005 Catalina 42 he has hoses. Was pex used only for a short period to try and cut cost. My 90 Capri 26 and my 92 Catalina 28 had hoses.

Also does anyone know where to get the pex uses as it is NOT a standard size. It is basically 1/2”, but the OD is smaller than regular pex. I did not see it on the Catalina web site but I was lookin on my phone and not the computer.

I would like to know if Catalina changed when did they make the change. I’m now thinking I now have a new project to switch it all out.

Art Harden
Tortuga Catalina 320
937-477-5544 (m)