[C320-list] Instruments Not Working?

John Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 7 06:03:43 PST 2018

Hi Rollie:

Maybe your next step should be to test whether the transducers are sending electrical pulses to the instruments. I’m not familiar with B&G, but you should have positive, negative, network and transducer wires connecting in the rear. Usually, they are marked.

Again, I don’t know about B&G, but the pulses are usually a couple of volts.

Calling B&G might yield an expert who could give you some tips. Could a network problem cause it? The fact that both instruments are out certainly points to an electrical problem rather than an instrument problem.

On my new-to-me 320, the B&B knotmeter doesn’t work because someone replaced the transducer with the dummy plug. The wind transducer was wiped out in Hurricane Irma. But the depth sounder works fine.

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde, Fl.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10