[C320-list] Using salt water for the head

John Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 7 06:09:21 PST 2018

On my previous boat, I rigged the plumbing so the head sink drained into the head. Makes a lot of sense, as long as people wash their hands after doing their deeds. Freshwater seemed to stop the smell.

The through hull could then be used exclusively for the shower drain. Of course, if the water pump gives out, you’re back to using the oak bucket of old …

Jack Brennan
Sonas, 1998 Catalina 320, no. 528
Tierra Verde, Fl.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10