[C320-list] Thoughts on Raising Main was Thoughts on Sails

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 13:32:36 PST 2018

A couple of notes on raising the main.
1. The halyard get thicker with time which increases friction - solution is
to replace more frequently than it needs because of wear.
2. I spray the slides and the track as far as I can reach with *SailKote*
Dry Lubricant the first time I raise the main each cruise...absolutely
works wonders and I can raise 90% from the cockpit without the winch.
3, Bonus tip - I stuff a cotton ball soaked with *SailKote* in the track
above the headboard periodically when raising the main and it cleans dirt
and salt out of the track which also reduced friction.

Chris Burti
Commitment, #867
Farmville, NC