[C320-list] Recommendations on helm instruments

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Mon Oct 1 14:38:00 PDT 2018

I've only used the Raymarine instruments so can't comment on the others,
but I've been happy with Raymarine. HOWEVER, I strongly suggest you
reconsider not having a wind instrument if you are going to use an
autopilot. I frequently use wind mode on the autopilot, especially when
sailing long distances, and especially when sailing upwind where small
changes in steering in response to small wind shifts make a big
difference. Makes short-handed sailing much easier. I've found that the
autopilot steers upwind almost as well as I can.