[C320-list] Helm instruments

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Fri Oct 5 13:00:56 PDT 2018

Those considring tablet based navigation may wish to consider the Seapilot app. Theres a free version and a paid version with enhancements. Obviously US charts are free to download. In the UK we have to pay for them, but price is very reasonable so I pay about $20 a year for the entire UK and use the free version of Seapilot.
I do have a helm mounted Standard Horzon plotter so the tablet is the cabin “repeater” that enables me to keep an eye on progress etc if not actually topside!
I was put onto this by the “on the Wind” podcast, which is worth a listen, especially their subsidiray series “How I think about Sailing”

Graeme
#366, 1996, UK