[C320-list] New member/basic question

John Morrison sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 16 08:02:29 PDT 2018

I agree excellent vid. A couple points: I always wear a pair of nitrile gloves when messing around with fuels and greases. Absorbing this stuff into your skin is not good. I also use fuel absorbent pads so that fuel is not spilt into the bilge. Costco carries the gloves, a few $$ for a box full. Our club carries the oil absorbent pads. I’ve seen Pampers used also. Also in my experience you do not need to loosen the bleed screws. I pump the Racor pump for a few minutes, and then the fuel pump on the engine. When the fuel system is full you can hear fuel running into the tank when pumping the the manual fuel pump. Using this procedure I’ve never had the engine fail to start.
JEM
1999#574

Sent from my iPhone