[C320-list] Any tips on installing new Cold Machine?

Mark Seyler mseyler at cox.net
Wed Oct 17 13:59:49 PDT 2018

I had a similar experience with West Marine here in New Orleans.  I  was attempting to use a gift-card I had received to purchase something Defender had on sale, using West's price-match policy.  It was the identical item, but the clerk behind the counter professed ignorance of any way to apply the policy, and told me I had to call the 800 number and order the item through them.  I too was trying to get quick delivery -- they had the item on the shelf at the local West Marine store.  I gave up and bought the item from Defender at the better price, and waited an extra week.

I don't know if this is some broader corporate strategy, or West Marine just hires lazy clerks.  But at this point I only shop West Marine when I need the item the same day and they have it in the store.

Mark Seyler
S/V Reality,
Catalina 320, #232
New Orleans, LA