[C320-list] Have free depth display (Autohelm)

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 15:14:54 PDT 2018

Fathometer - Wow! Never heard it called that; but, sure fits. So British. How about "depthometer", "footometer", or "deepometer" for the less nautical of us?
Here on the Chesapeake, knowing the depth in fathoms would be useless as a fathom is approx. 1.8m, or 6ft. and we often have to navigate in 6ft. depth. And anchor in 2 fathoms or less. I need to know how many inches remain below my keel.
It is said that there two kinds of sailors on the Chesapeake, those who have gone aground and those who will. Still, we love our Bay.
All in jest.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, MD (Chesapeake Bay)