[C320-list] Stiff halyards & sheets

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 27 05:57:50 PDT 2018

All I have ever heard is to NOT use bleach.
I soak mine in a bucket for days (or as long as possible) then agitate and replace water soak, agitate, etc... until water is clean.
Also found if (after soaking for long time) if you lay them out on the deck and use water hose with nozzle the pressure can get more gunk off them.
If I really wanted them clean and soft I would run a replacement line and put in mesh bag and machine wash on gentle cycle.

I did bucket thing and took about 4-5 soakings and laying on deck with water hose/nozzle and came pretty clean.
Others here may have better solutions.

Thanks,
Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net H (919)-362-8538    C (919)-618-7185