[C320-list] Fresh Water System Winterizie

Ken Geiger kendgb at aol.com
Mon Oct 29 15:00:54 PDT 2018

#765 has the water tank inspect ports and the rear tank is virtually empty after pumping out but the front has a exit above the bottom so a few litres of water remain there and is vacuumed up.

I use a combination of vacuum emptying and anti freeze introduction and then vacuuming out the anti freeze in some systems.

I do not prefer to pull off hoses (hard on the hoses and hands) so have put a tee in some circuits to introduce Antifreeze and I use a bent copper tube through the water heater drain to vacuum out what remains after gravity draining into the vacuum.  There is a 3 way valve and by pass system on the water heater.

Ken Geiger
On Georgian bay where Northern Dream #765 is on the hard, winterized, covered and awaiting April.