[C320-list] How do I embed youtube video on member website?

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Wed Oct 31 11:51:26 PDT 2018

Hi Danny,

You can embed YouTube videos in your member album!  Gee... only 13 easy steps.  :/
But really there are just 2 parts to it.  Getting the video and thumbnail image, and posting it.

Process:

First find the content:

1. Find some image you want to use for a thumbnail image for this video so people don't see a generic video icon.
2. Go to the Video on YouTube that you want to embed
3. Right-Mouse->"Copy Embed Code"  while your mouse is over the video.  (for the technical, it's probably an html iframe code snippet)

Then add it to your media gallery album:

1. Log into your 320 website account
2. Under the "My Account" dropdown, choose "Your Member Album" to go to your photo album. Note that if you don't have one already, the menu option will be there to allow you to create your member album.
3. Once in your photo gallery or inside some nested album where you want to add the video, choose "Add Media" from the little dropdown at the top.
4. There will be 4 tabs across the top.  Choose the "Remote Media" tab for embedding a video or referencing content from other sites.
5. Paste that 'embed code' that you grabbed from the YouTube step into the "Remote URL" box.
6. Click the "Choose File" button above the Remote URL and select your Thumbnail image so that there's a cover image for that video.
7. Enter a short Title for your video
8. Enter some description for your video
9. If you can classify this video, enter some keywords that might help people find your video in a search separated by spaces
10. submit this form.

-Jeff Hare