[C320-list] Bent wind instrument

Guy Smith smitski2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 07:12:42 PDT 2018

Hey Troy!
After anchoring up with you and Kim on Saturday night behind Heart-Miller and then anchoring in Still Pond on Sunday night,I attracted enough spiders up to the mast head around the Anchor light that the wind speed cups are "tied up" with spider webbing!I've had this happen before and the cups will clear eventually with enough wind. Not sure they will work optimally with all the treads up there though. I'll have to get up there and clear it at some point.Has anyone else had problems with spider webbing interfering with mast head equipment?If so, what can be done to get rid of the little buggers?I guess I'll spray a bug killer into all the crevices I see up there, but i'm sure new ones will find there way back.
~g
p.s. Word of warning: When anchoring near Heart-Miller Island, expect a lot of stowaways!Lots of little green frogs! Kinda fun to see at first except you cant get rid of them. Chuck em as far as you canthrow and they swim right back again...Now if I can only get them to climb the mast to eat the spiders up there.... :)
Guy and Liz Smithsv Pleiades '97 C320 #452Woreton Creek, MD