[C320-list] No hot water pressure

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 12:19:56 PDT 2018

I dunno what the odds are, but...pretty good I'd say if there is a whole
bunch of sediment of some sort trapped in the water heater.  Starting to
wonder if the water heater is on its last legs.  Replacing the faucet would
not be wise until you figure out where all that crap is coming from.  The
inlet strainer on the water pump is protecting your cold water lines, so
the water heater is really the only logical suspect.   You might want to
try flushing the water heater out through the drain valve to see if you can
get whatever is in there out.    You can also use a shop vac on the drain
to suck out the last bit of water.   Make sure you have the supply side
open to air when you do this or the vacuum trick doesn’t work very well.
Also...make really really sure your water heater is off before draining it.

Every faucet is different, but many of the old school double handle faucets
have a valve stem under the faucet handle.   Usually the handle is held on
by a screw.  The screw is generally hidden by a 'badge' that indicates
water temp hot/cold with a H and C and often color coded.   Pry that badge
off to reveal the screw.   Remove the handle then you should see the valve
stem nut.  Remove the valve stem and you can probably see if it is all
clogged up.   Getting it unclogged may prove challenging unless you can
disassemble the valve stem.  Some don’t allow this.   If so, you might be
able to buy a replacement valve stem at your local plumbing supply store.
Rarely will you find the right stem at your local big box store.  Not
knowing which faucet you have, I’m not even sure if you can get the handles
off LOL.

We replaced the galley two knob job with a single handle pullout sprayer
faucet from Lowe’s or Home Depot.    You need a basin wrench to get to the
nuts for the supply lines and the larger nut that holds the faucet in
place.  The hole for the faucet is also a tad smaller than standard
so...joy of joy, you will most likely have to grind or sand the opening a
tiny bit larger to get the new faucet installed.  From our perspective this
was a worthwhile investment.  Having a modern faucet on board means a lot
less water wasted trying to get the temp right for the task.

Good Luck

Troy