[C320-list] Wintering in Norfolk.

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Sat Sep 15 11:34:03 PDT 2018

There is an inlet at Ocean City MD if I recall. I have no idea if it is suitable for a 320. I know there is at least one J105 at Cape May so you should be able to get in there. There is a regular event circumnavigating the DelMarVa peninsula, starting near Norfolk. You might look into that as the organizers will have good info. I believe they stay offshore all the way from Cape May to Norfolk.

I had dinner with a couple cruising the Chesapeake a few years ago who had got caught offshore NJ during a Nor’easter and were overwhelmed in large, steep waves. They called the CG who sent a boat to help guide them into an inlet, apparently through large breaking seas crashing against strong outgoing tide due to inland flooding. The incident was frightening enough that they had cancelled their plans to head south for the winter. So take care on that weather window.