[C320-list] DIY Custom Marine Mattress

jackbrennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 21 19:03:23 PDT 2018

Hi Kevin:
Looks comfortable! Nice job.
My wife just finished a similar project for the v berth and aft cabin. We hired a local seamstress to make zippered covers for all the pieces.
The total cost was under $700. A nice improvement over the inexpensive foam that came with the boat.
Jack BrennanSonas, 1998 Catalina 320, no. 528Tierra Verde, Fl.Dolphin Cruising Club of Tampa Bay

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 9:39 PM, Kevin Rooney<krooney at gmail.com> wrote:   I haven't used or even raised the table in the saloon in years, and it's
where I sleep most often, so it was finally time to make it comfortable.
It's not a perfect solution but it was cheap (relatively-speaking, $237)
and it is *very* comfy.

I got a queen memory foam mattress on Amazon (a hybrid, actually – only the
top third of the mattress is memory foam, which is what I wanted). I bought
a cheap ($16) electric knife to cut it up.

A few photos of the project: http://kevjot.com/boat/mattress/

I bought this mattress: https://amzn.to/2Nw7o84

Very pleased!

Kevin