[C320-list] Leaking shaft log

Stephen Cox scox at timmin.com
Sun Sep 23 19:08:04 PDT 2018

Mark,

If correctly set up there should be a small seeping leek when running and
none when stopped. Two or three drops per minute would be considered
"normal".  Let the new packing settle in then redo the tightness of the
gland nut.  Also check the temperature of the gland nut when running as it
should not be getting hot which would indicate too tight although it may
warm a bit.

Regards,

Stephen Cox
Tegwen #1141