[C320-list] GFO Packing question

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Tue Sep 25 10:20:59 PDT 2018

Ultimately I don't think it matters how you slice the 45 if you're doing a 45 so do it the easiest way possible.  The material is really soft and molds together anyway.  But I take a wrap around and have the ends bypass each other then take the razor knife and just slice them both at the same time.  Instead of squarely slicing across the overlap I just slice at a 45.

Like Doug T. mentioned, since you're stacking a couple of these rings, just rotate one of them so that the joints aren't all at the same spot.  ~180 degrees apart is ideal.  Spinning the compression nut won't peel them apart anyway unless there was some noticeably sized burr.  It's really slippery stuff.

Don't worry about it too much or overthink it.  Even if you cut them off square, it would be fine since when they compress, they mush together and squeeze out, packing in all available space.

Cheers!
-Jeff