[C320-list] Leak at Instrument Pod Support Tubes

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 02:18:30 PDT 2019

Dave-

No real help here, but figured I'd respond since I have experienced this
leak and because you have a yahoo account your posts will be flagged as
spam by anyone using gmail; hopefully my response will at least bump your
question into the daylight for all the gmail folks.

My fix for this leak was to buy a brand new chartplotter and autohelm and
let the yard install it.   That's a really expensive way to fix the leak.
I suspect these leaks are created not by the guard attachment bolts, but by
the relatively large hole that has to be drilled to accommodate the cabling
and the poor design of the guard attachment to protect this hole from water
intrusion.    Water can find its way to through that hole through a variety
of paths.   I did find that with a properly tensioned and newer bimini that
actually sheds water, and a well fitting helm cover this issue would go
away.   That didn't mean I always had the foresight to ensure these things
were up before retiring for the evening...

Good luck, hopefully someone with a lot more experience at fixing your
issue will reply.

Troy Dunn
Hull #514