[C320-list] Cockpit drain question

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 2 07:15:04 PDT 2019

I was wondering... do we really need those drains?  I was going to replace the "T" fitting with a "Y" fitting between the 2 cockpit drains.  They never seem to clear cleanly.  With the step through transom are they really needed at all?
I was thinking of replacing the whole line with smooth tubing instead of ribbed but then I thought that the holes are not at the bottom unless heeled way over.  Then you would have to take on a significant wave to fill up the cockpit.
If safety first, in rough seas, then I will re-do them but anybody just closed them off?

Thanks,

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net H (919)-362-8538    C (919)-618-7185