[C320-list] Cockpit drain question

Scott Thompson surprise at thompson87.com
Fri Aug 2 07:45:40 PDT 2019

They are there to let water drain from the corners when the boat is
heeled. I think it's more a matter of comfort than safety since a really
big sea would mostly drain out the back. However if they were not in the
early boats I suspect that Catalina got at least some feedback that
there was a need. I do a reverse flush of them whenever I get a chance.
It's amazing how much gunk comes out, especially the first time each Spring.

--
Scott Thompson
Surprise, #653