[C320-list] Reefing Line Block

Jeff Smith jeffreyssmith at live.com
Fri Aug 16 13:17:56 PDT 2019

This seems like an easy question, but does anyone know the size, and type, for the reefing line block? I have a ’94 vintage and the sheave is completely broken. To rephrase, the plastic that guides the reefing line is broken. It spins just fine.

The block is a stand-up block by Garhauer. Can I just replace it with a Harken or Ronstan? For instance, the 60MM aluminum element block – swivel. The problem with all of the other stand-up blocks is they usually have a pad eye or some other type of base on the stand-up end. My block has a clevis pin attachment. The block has a u-shaped clamp that connects to the deck fitting with another u-shaped clamp and the clevis pin. I also do not know if there is a problem with using a swivel block. My current Garhauer is fixed.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Jeff
Sailmates, ’94, #121