[C320-list] Height of Keel?

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Tue Aug 27 01:04:35 PDT 2019

David

No because the 4ft 3in is from the waterline and you need the distance from the transducer which is I think about 18in less!

I did it by taking a guess then in harbour I dropped a weighted line to measure the actual depth of water. Subtract 4ft 3ins from that and that’s what you would like your depth reading be. Adjust the setting on the instrument to match

That’s if you want it to show depth below keel. Personally I have mine set to show actual water depth as this greatly eases the mental arithmetic when looking at charted depths and anchoring. But it’s a matter of personal preference

Graeme

Sent from my phone. Excuse typos!