[C320-list] Spinnaker Halyard Chafe...

Guy Smith smitski2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 27 13:48:32 PDT 2019

 Hey Ken!I believe you're right!I looked up the article that Chris mentioned and it would require some serious work and fabrication...Best done when the Mast is unstepped...
Do you remember the diameter of the ball your using?I looked at the pic I have of the housing and I can see where the ball would work. It must be sized so that a significant part or all of the ball is cranked into the housing, correct?You put enough tension on the halyard to keep it, more or less, stationary in the housing then?Would you put a knot about a foot off the shackle to keep the snuffer-sock/gear off the housing and forestay?
When I was ordering stuff to rig the Halyard for the Spinnaker, I ordered the round disk instead of a ball.
I really think you approach will work for me, just wondering about the diameter of the ball...
Thanks for the info!
Best Regards,~g
Guy and Liz Smithsv Pleiades '97 C320 #452Worton Creek, MD