[C320-list] Forward lifeline gate?

Kevin Rooney krooney at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 12:41:03 PDT 2019

I've moved to a new marina and in my new slip I only have a finger pier
whereas for the last 11 years I've had a slip just inside a T-dock (so I
had dock next to me for the full length of the boat).

Since I prefer docking bow in this requires one to climb over the lifeline
to get aboard. It's not a big deal for me but I like to take my 88-year-old
father sailing and that will be an issue for him.

Does anyone know if there is a reason I can't add a "gate" to the forward
part of the lifeline? (the area highlighted here:
http://kevjot.com/boat/lifeline.html)

Thanks.

Kevin
S/V Cecilia Ann, #211