[C320-list] Battery Capacity calcs

Angus Henderson rathlyn1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 13:55:12 PST 2019

Daryl. I can’t comment on your calculations, only my own experience with a similar battery system consisting of 4 GC batteries for the house bank and a separate start battery. I have the standard alternator and a 160 W solar panel on top of the davits.  The frig is always on but not necessarily running. Most days cruising on Georgian Bay the batteries are back up to capacity by 13:00 and even on cloudy days I do not have to run the engine to charge.  I also sail almost all the time as I dislike motoring and choose not to go out if there’s no wind.
So I would highly recommend your proposed set up with a solar panel.
Gus
Hull #999
Georgian Bay

Sent from my iPhone