[C320-list] Head sink drain

Greg Flanagan greg.flanagan at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 3 09:41:17 PST 2019

Possibly. However, all the joins were chalked and leaked so it didn’t work. Also more importantly the new sink drain stem enters a very serious through-hull hose at a point above the water line. The parts I replaced were hand tightened couplings to the sinks flanges that includes two traps joining a T and then a coupling to the drain (standard double sink kit-$9.99).  I removed the traps and cut each horizontal piece as shorter length than standard on these small sinks. These pieces also couple to the stem with hand tightened joins. The bottom of the T goes into the tube (hose) going down to the through-hull. This join is secured with a SS clamp.

It is my view that anything above the water line can use standard (inexpensive) parts. I also have replaced both faucet sets with standard plumbing. As far as durability counts, my replacements have outlasted the original equipment by 2X  years and are still working fine.

Cheers,

Greg
Hoop Dancer #1076