[C320-list] Propeller Shaft

John Meyers jcmeyers7 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 14:18:50 PST 2019

Frank,

I have a 3 blade feathering VariProp that broke due to hitting a log. The
insurance company wanted me to have the shaft checked for bending. The 20
year old shaft/boat only has 900 hours. The shaft was found to be straight
but there was some wear where the packing was so I figured now was a good
time to replace it with SS. The marina service department measured my
bronze shaft and within a week I had a new SS shaft for under $500. It went
in very easy and quickly.

I hope this helps.

John Meyers
Wind Chime