[C320-list] Couple of start Battery questions

John morrison sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 27 08:57:03 PST 2019

I installed a starter bty in the space just behind the bulkhead and ahead of the house bank on the port side. It is a size 27 flooded cell as are the 4D Interstate house bank; could not justify the  cost of the AGM given the type of sailing we do. I also have installed a 180W solar panel which is hooked up to a Blue Sky controller which puts a 2A trickle charge into the starter bty once the house bank is topped up. As long as the sun shines this set up keeps the btys charged up.
JEM 1999#574