[C320-list] Ice Box drain

Brad bkuether at comcast.net
Tue Jul 2 14:26:41 PDT 2019

OK so I am struggling with this as well right now.

The shower drain / icebox drain get so littile use, that the pump dries up and won’t move water from either.  Pisses me off in the late fall when I am trying to winterize!!!!!

Two ways I have fixed this.

0 – Make sure the valve points to the correct vessel you want to drain.  On mine, you “follow” the arrows on the handle.

1 – Fill the icebox up with a LOT of water so it has enough pressure to move water to the pump to get it primed.  Keep the pump on (for a reasonable amount of time)  until it grabs the water and starts moving it.
2 – Put some water in the shower sump, and use a hose to “blow” water into the pump to get it primed.  Problem is it goes through that quickly and then back to dry.

Make sure the screen before the pump is clean.  Unfortunately you cannot put water into the system any other way based on how it is currently plumbed.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10