[C320-list] Sunsaver Duo battery solar controller critical error

Mark Gillingham markgill at uwalumni.com
Thu Jul 25 08:28:28 PDT 2019

This morning the engine wouldn’t start.

I found the solar controller blinking red. And the remote monitor solid red
indicating a critical error. The manual says to look for a temperature
sensor issue.

By this time I had the boat plugged into shore power so I turned it off and
a few seconds later the trouble lights were happy and green again. I
checked the starter and the engine fired up as usual.

Something must be wrong with the system but what? The charger or solar
controller?

Ideas?

Mark
Speakeasy #612