[C320-list] Slow Leak From SeaWater Pump

Joe Geiger joe.geiger at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 15:50:07 PDT 2019

When I bought the boat back in October, the captain that did my survey told me he noticed a drip from the raw water pump as we were motoring. I have since replaced the impeller, the impeller cover, the seal washer that goes on the inside of the impeller, the O ring and the hose that goes from the raw water pump to the heat exchanger. I also used a silicone sealant around the O ring before tightening the impeller cover plate. It still drips. :|

The pump cools the engine just fine so it’s not a pressing issue. Any ideas on what else I might replace or check?

Joe
--
Joe Geiger
“Vega” #722