[C320-list] Slow Leak From SeaWater Pump

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Fri Jul 26 10:17:51 PDT 2019

I still have the old pump but I unloaded all my spare impellers and gaskets on Sailboat Swap Shop (Facebook group).

The guy at Bayshore marine told me that the pump was made to fit the 3GM30F-YEU engine. Same engine block, different pump, so the impeller was different. It bolted up just fine to my engine and it pumps a LOT of water compared to the old pump. Supposedly the Cam cannot be replaced in this pump, which makes it less expensive. But also means that when the Cam wears out, the YEU pump needs to be replaced..

I probably have created a problem for future owners of my boat, however, because I have the US version of the engine with a YEU pump installed. Thinking it might be good to take my Brady labeler and mark the pulley with "YEU Pump".

--
Doug Treff
doug at treff.us