[C320-list] Slow Leak From SeaWater Pump

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Sat Jul 27 06:21:12 PDT 2019

I highly recommend not bothering with the rebuild kits. The leaks are usually because the shaft is worn and scored from sand/silt.  New seals will only work for a short time.  If the pump is leaking, the housing insides are also scored and worn some.  That makes it get harder to prime over time and not pump well.  Also as the strainer gets a little plugged, a worn pump will not be able to pump through it.  And we all know that never happens at convenient times.It's super worth just putting in a new pump.  It'll move a surprising amount of water compared to the old one and last a long time. My $0.02Jeff Hare
-------- Original message --------From: Dave Hupe <hoopdtwo at yahoo.com> Date: 7/26/19  2:42 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: C320-List at Catalina320.com Subject: Re: [C320-list] Slow Leak From SeaWater Pump I highly recommend anyone having similar problems check out www.parts4engines.com as a very good source for Perkins, Volvo Penta and Yanmar engine parts.  I've used them several times for OEM parts with great prices, very fast and inexpensive overseas shipping. Dave Hupe1994 Cat320 (#32) "Mayan Sun"Holland, MISent from Yahoo Mail on Android