[C320-list] Garhauer Davits Size

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 13:15:04 PDT 2019

John,
I had Garhauer make a set of davits for me a year ago.  I went with 1-1/4"
tubes.  My use for them is solely to mount solar panels, but I went with
1-1/4" tube so that it would be attractive to next owner for dinghy
purposes.  To better clear swim platform (since I will have a solar panels
mounted on top), I don't have the exact measurements of mine, but they were
made to be much taller, I think around 54".  I also went for a longer
segment after the weld, so that I could slide on a 2nd t-fitting (in
addition to the garhauer supplied t-fitting for horizontal structure
stability) to go vertical, for one of my panel mounts.  I think that made
my arm length around 45"~46".

One think to keep in mind with 1-1/4" tubing.  Should you look for any
mounting hardware for additional structures like solar panel mounts, 1-1/4"
hardware is MUCH harder to find, and more expensive, than 1".

Mark at Garhauer is great, and really knows what he's doing.  Unless you
have a special need to vary from his suggestions, his measurements should
be fine.
-Christian Caperton
"Canuck" 1994 C320 #138
Monroe Harbor, Chicago, IL