[C320-list] Remove compass - Danforth Constellation

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 4 16:55:46 PDT 2019

 David-
I removed mine during my first year in order to lubricate the steering chain and engine/transmission controls.  I don't remember the specifics, but recall that there were only a few screws and the compass popped up/out fairly easily.  Once everything was detached though, I recall how wobbly the stainless tubes supporting the instruments became.  Be careful about that so you don't compromise the seals where the tubes penetrate the deck. When I do it again, I think I will try to tie the tubes off  to the sides (probably to stanchions) to help stabilize them.
Dave Hupe
1994 Cat 320 (#32) "Mayan Sun"
Holland, MI