[C320-list] Removing opening portlights

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 9 08:34:53 PDT 2019

 David-
I removed my dog latches from my lenses last year to replace the small O-rings that are on the outside part (that seals the mechanism from water). When you reassemble, make sure everything is clean, make sure the o-ring is in good shape (or new), and lightly grease the o-ring with waterproof grease.  The center plastic caps covering the single screw were a real pain to remove.  I did it with a razor blade in an attempt to not damage them.  After I finally got them off, I did not replace them …. the visible screw does not bother me.
Another Catalina owner drilled a small hole in the center cap and screwed in a small screw that he could then grab easily with plyers to remove the caps.
Where are you getting your new lenses?
Dave Hupe
1994 Cat 320 (#32) "Mayan Sun"
Holland, MI