[C320-list] Fresh Water leak from aft Water tank?

Guy Smith smitski2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 10 12:45:23 PDT 2019

 Hey Pat!
If you haven't checked it yet...I had a problem with the connector that leaves the aft tank and connects to the water line that is routed over the the aft tank shutoff valve next to the pump.The plastic connector was old (Pleiades is a '97) and the opening that the connector went through was working on the connector in rough seas, I'm sure. It only leaked drops, but eventually filled the bilge for the pump to run. In the Captain quarters, lift the mattress and then the left compartment access board. Directly down and to the rightmost part of the tank is the tank exit point. You may be able to see it from the center, engine access also but I don't remember. The connector is a standard one and my marina had the replacement. The old connector can be removed by clipping a "c" ring in the proper spot and sliding the old blue line out. Screw off the old and screw on the new one. the blue line will just push into the new fitting. I think I used Teflon tape on the threads but again, I don't remember.I diagnosed the problem like someone else said... Drying off the area and line that exits the aft tank and then checking it again with paper towels.
I haven't had a problem since replacing the cracked fitting.If this is your problem, it will be an easy fix.
Good Luck!~g
Guy & Liz Smithsv Pleiades'97 C320 #452Worton Creek, MD