[C320-list] Water on floor by water pump

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 15:42:07 PDT 2019

Great question.  I've never been able to find a good number for tension in
the manuals. so that makes using a tool like the gates krikit belt tension
tester a bit tough.  Gates recommends a tension of between 85 and 115
pounds for a 3/8” belt.    I guess you might start with 85 lbs and see if
it doesn’t slip.   Other suggested techniques are to use firm pressure at
the center of the belt and it should deflect no more than 1/2”, or tighten
the belt until you can just barely twist it 90°.   Anyhow, with all these
techniques you probably want to err on the side of a little loose vs too
tight.

FWIW-

Troy