[C320-list] Reefing Setup

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Fri Jun 14 04:54:19 PDT 2019

For the front one, I pushed a very short loop of heavy line.  Looped it through cringle, through the shackle on the block and back through the cringle with a knot on the back side. The block hangs on the short loop.  For the aft one I clipped the shackle to a SS ring on the other side that was a little larger than the cringle so it couldn't come through.  It's all worked perfectly since 2006 and haven't even the knot up front has been holding fine.

Here's a picture of the aft line.  What you can't see is that the block's shackle goes through the cringle and connects to a SS Ring on the back side.
https://c320.org/mediagallery/media.php?s=20081116102123811

You'll find more discussions ff you search the posts for: harken carbo

There may also have been a mainsheet article on this rigging.

-Jeff Hare