[C320-list] Engine Removal

Michael Ferguson coralman at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 26 11:48:17 PDT 2019

I have pulled my engine twice. Once to replace the shaft. And the second to replace the oil pan. I used the Boom to lift it out. Wasn't that bad of a job took about an hour to remove. In about an hour to put back.Michael169Nauti Clew

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 1:55 PM, Bob Hoyt<rehoyt at gmail.com> wrote:   I had the recent misfortune of having an exhaust elbow burst resulting in
my Perkins engine M30 sucking in water into the air intake, then the
engine. Compression testing of a cylinder was low at 200 today. The plan is
to haul the boat and remove the engine so it can be rebuilt. I'm assuming
that removing the vertical bulkhead above the engine would not be adequate
for the rebuild, but it would prevent the need to pull out the engine. Has
anyone gone thru this experience?

Bob Hoyt
Hull #58
1994 Catalina 320
Pensacola, FL

--

*Robert (Bob) Hoyt MD, FACP, ABPM-CI*

*Associate Clinical Professor, Department of Internal Medicine*

*Virginia Commonwealth University*

*Richmond, VA*

*CAPT (Ret) USN*

*Adjunct Associate Professor, College of Allied Health Professions*

*University of Nebraska Medical Center*

*Omaha, NE*

*Diplomate, Clinical Informatics*

InformaticsEducation.org  <http://InformaticsEducation.org>