[C320-list] Solar Panel ground

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 17 05:02:58 PDT 2019

Just thought I would see what comments are out there..

I see on my new solar panels there is a hole for connecting a ground wire.

1. Do they even need to be grounded?  My thought was to always ground anything metal that could become energized (Short to hot wire)?
2. Can I assume it would be grounded to boat's Ground Buss?

3.  If the Solar Panel is aluminum and the ground wire/lug is copper, what about galvanization?  Can't/shouldn't use Telgel since it is designed to avoid connectivity.  Simple Dielectric grease?
Any thoughts out there?

Thanks,

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net H (919)-362-8538    C (919)-618-7185