[C320-list] Marleon Seacocks

Gene Helfman genehelfman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 10:09:28 PDT 2019

Thanks on the seacock maintenance, which I haven't done but will on haul
out this year.  Uncertain as to what I am supposed to grease and what to
use, I went to the Forespar website (
https://www.forespar.com/marelonLube.shtml) and found the following:

To lubricate ball valves and seacocks while the boat is in the water you
must:

1. Close valve.

2. Remove hose from tailpipe.

3. Remove remaining water from valve/tailpipe.

4. Swab waterproof grease (water pump grease, winch grease) or LanoCote™,
generously, on ball.

5. Reattach hose, checking for fatigue and rusted hose clamps.

6. Activate valve a few times. *When boat is hauled, you can perform steps
4-6 from outside the hull to lubricate opposite side of ball and seals.*

A NOTE OF CAUTION::

Another site warned against using graphite lube (which we keep off the boat
because it apparently hardens in contact with salt water).  Graphite has a
very high corrosion rating and can cause galvanic corrosion of things in
contact or nearby.

--
Gene Helfman, Professor Emeritus
Odum School of Ecology, University of Georgia
    genehelfman at gmail.com

*Personality traits of a psychopath*: habitual liar, narcissistic/high
self-esteem, manipulative, lacks remorse, lacks empathy, sexually
promiscuous, impulsive, irresponsible, blames others for failures, multiple
short-term marital relationships. Sound like anyone you know?