[C320-list] Refrig

jackbrennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 30 10:43:07 PDT 2019

(I sent a similar version of this msg that I think failed because of crappy WiFi here in Boot Key Harbor in the Keys. Sorry if it's a dupe.)
I recently installed a new Adler Barbour Cold Machine. Since I'm a week into a long cruise to the Keys and the Dry Tortugas, I've had a chance to see how it eats the amps.
My best estimate is it uses 40 amps a day. My CPAP machine uses another 15 amps, plus we have anchor light cabin lights, various pumps, etc.
I have a house bank of three group 24s (there when I bought the boat) and a 160 watt solar panel. I can go two and possibly three days without running the motor.
You won't find better efficiency than that in a fridge in our boats.
Jack BrennanSonas, 1998 Catalina 320Tierra Verde, Fl.Dolphin Cruising Club of Tampa Bay

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 7:43 PM, Dick Walker<dickwalker at att.net> wrote:   That is all very good dope. The blanket on top really works.

Cheers

Dick Walker