[C320-list] A/C system Seacock, Pump & Filter

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 31 05:41:10 PDT 2019

FWIW.  We have a Dutchman that came with the boat.  Took some getting used to.  We have to loosen/adjust the topping lift and/or Boom Vang every time you raise/lower but after enough times it becomes second nature.  Usually after forgetting a couple of times first thing in the season.  I did learn that if you (forget) don't have them very tight when lowering sail, they are essentially worthless.  I have gotten used to them so they work for us.
If memory serves....Rough steps Raising sail:1.  Slack Boom Vang and Topping lift.
2. Raise Main
3. Adjust Boom Vang for sailing
4. Adjust Topping lift so reduce slapping

Rough Drop Sail:1. Slack Boom Vang (There is debate about keeping boom vang tight while Topping lift is also tight to keep Dutchman taught)  Whatever works best for you.
2. Tighten Topping lift (Dutchman) (Key to this working.  Dutchman must be tight)
3. Drop Sail
4. Adjust Boom Vang
Plus it took several attempts to get the twist out of the topping lift.  Finally have it though.
Have not used Stack Pack.  Looks easy.  Only thing I heard was (as with lazy jacks in general) getting caught when raising sail if not right up wind.  Wish I could try them.
Everything has a price.

Thanks,

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net H (919)-362-8538    C (919)-618-7185